Monday, December 31, 2007

How?

It may look like junk, but these are some of the things I use to make textures in my paintings. I use doilies, too. My cousin Jack thinks that is not very macho.
When I begin a painting, I first make textures in wet plaster that I've spread on a piece of primed, pressed board. I have used car tires, legos and the edge of rough-cut boards among other things. Here are some small boards - some with textures and some without.
I've started the three-panel painting that can be seen in sketch form in the previous entry. I have done the plastering and I've sealed it. You should be able to see that I have also used doilies to make some of the textures.
Those are pressed plants embedded into the plaster. When I add color, it takes three or four steps using three or four colors. You'll see the first color in my next entry.

2 comments:

Nick Alitili Art said...

Great work sir. As unique as great art should be.

Nick Alitili Art said...

Great work sir. As unique as great art should be.